Tuesday, February 9, 2016

my winter reading list

6 books to read this spring


I used to read constantly when I was growing up. I've always been that girl with a book in her purse, reading on the bus, at my siblings' band concerts (oops, sorry guys!) or even in line at the store. Just call me Rory! But sometime during college reading for fun kind of fell to the wayside. When you're reading textbooks and required articles 24/7, the last thing you want to do is read, even if it's a book of your choice. I've been trying to pick up the habit again, and I have plenty of books on my reading list to choose from. Here are just a few I'm excited to read this year:

Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
As you might know if you've been following my blog for a while, I love reading books written by real-life, inspiring women (Aliza Licht, Amy Poehler, Sophia Amoruso). Mindy Kaling is pretty fantastic, and I can't wait to see what kind of inspirational wisdom she dropped in her latest book.

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
I heard about this beautiful story from one of my favorite bloggers, Joanna from Cup of Jo. It's written by her late brother-in-law, and he wrote this memoir during his last year of life. He writes about death in the poignant way of someone who knows he has little time left. It sounds beautiful, and I can't wait to read it.

The Fever by Megan Abbott
I've been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, and I feel like I really need a detox. This mystery seemed like the perfect solution, as I've been loving the thriller genre ever since reading Gone Girl a couple years ago. The Fever has great reviews, and it's next on my list.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
I've been reading reviews and articles about this one for a long time now, and I think this winter would be the perfect time to join in. I might even learn a few things in time for spring cleaning!

China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
I read the first book in this series last spring and had mixed feelings about it, which is why I didn't rush to order this one when it came out. But now that it's been almost a year, I think I'm ready to catch up with the characters and see what this book is all about.

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
Of course I had to put one classic on this list. I've never read Valley of the Dolls before, and I feel like it's necessary for anyone interested in books and pop culture, which I am.

What are you reading right now? Do you keep a list of books to read, too? I'd love to know...

P.S. My summer reading list, reviews of Luckiest Girl Alive and Leave Your Mark 

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top