Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Instagram Roundup No. 9

The perfect boyfriend blazer


Happy November my beautiful friends! A new month means another Instagram recap, and I've got some fun ones to share! So I’ve recently realized just how amazing blazers are for elevating a simple outfit, especially this longer boyfriend style. I love that it can instantly take an outfit from casual to chic. This is my favorite style because it doesn’t have lapels, which I find a little too business-formal sometimes. Plus, the longer length looks great with longer tops like this blush one. I bought this blazer several years ago, but I found a similar style for you here.


Fall layers with a fun twist

This has probably been one of my favorite looks for fall this year, layering a colored flannel underneath a printed sweater. I’d never done it before because I thought it was a little too preppy for me, but I guess my style has evolved a little bit because now I can’t get enough! It’s really a classic look, and it’s warm and comfortable, so you just can’t go wrong. Plus, it’s the perfect neckline for this pearl choker, which I absolutely LOVE.

Fall requirements


I have been lighting candles almost around the clock this year. My room smells like a delicious fall wonderland, and I will not apologize for it! And if you’re wondering whether or not I ate all the candy in this picture (and the entire rest of the bag) — the answer is yes, and it was delicious.

Spicing up an all-black outfit


Since a lot of days I am running straight from work at my regular 9 to 5 to work at the store (where our uniform is all black), I’ve been trying to get creative in how I style my all-black ensemble for my regular work day. Can’t go wrong with a statement necklace and bold lips, am I right?!

Designer knock-offs for $5? Yes please.


Speaking of Versona, I honestly don’t know how it hasn’t put every other store in the area out of business yet. Seriously — it has the cutest clothes (both trendy and staples) and tons of jewelry and accessories for really low prices. These sunglasses? On sale for $5.

The perfect fall cardigan


And for more fall fashion inspiration, this cardigan is my No. 1 right now. It’s insanely warm and it goes with everything. Shop the full outfit here.

The couple who runs together...


Adam and I have been trying to be more active together, and we even got up early one Saturday (!!!) to go for a jog together. If you knew how much we both love sleep and hate cold, you'd know that’s a pretty huge deal for us ;) But it’s so much more fun than going by myself, so I’m actually starting to like working out again. Yay for couple workouts!

The one kind of paint you don't want to use on pumpkins...


Visiting the pumpkin patch is always one of my favorite fall activities, but I rarely do anything with the pumpkins I bring home. This year Adam and I decided to have some fun and paint them. Although, being cheap and short on time, we ended up with a little set of Crayola paints. In case you were wondering, washable children’s paint does not work the best on pumpkins… Oops!

There's no such thing as too much glitter


I got my second chance at crafting when I finally got around to painting this wooden ampersand last weekend. I used a rose gold paint to cover the whole thing and then added a little matching glitter to the inside cutouts — because you can never have too much glitter, you know? ;) I’ll post a picture of the final product soon!

No bonfire, no problem. Oven-baked s'mores.

And what would a Friday night in be without some sort of unhealthy and chocolate-induced dessert coma? We made this s’mores dip in the oven and realized just how much we missed summer bonfires.

Don't forget to follow along on Instagram!

I hope your November is off to a great start! What are you looking forward to most this month? I'd love to hear... 

P.S. Instagram roundups No. 8, No. 7, No. 6, No. 5, No. 4, No. 3, No. 2 and No. 1

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top