Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Not your average dress: 11 styles for the offbeat girl





I'm now at that age where all my friends are getting engaged or getting married. At least, it seems like all of them. Adam and I have five (!) weddings on the calendar this year so far, and we're really excited to celebrate these huge moments with all of them — and for the chance to see friends we haven't seen for a while.

Aaaaaand for the new dresses I obviously have to get ;)

Toward the end of last year, I was getting pretty bored with most of the dresses in my closet. They all seemed to be a similar, uninteresting style. This year I want to focus on adding more silhouettes, prints and textures to my wardrobe. I love how each one of these dresses has something unique to offer that sets it apart from the rest.

I got a little carried away when I was looking online, so some of these might be just a teensy bit too eccentric for wedding guest attire... (especially the white one — obviously!) But they're perfect for a summer closet update!

Which one is your favorite? I have my eye on the floral cami dress and the red suspender layered dress. Here's hoping for a hefty tax return! ;)

Related: a shopping haul, January favorites and dresses for every occasion

4 comments :

  1. Great picks! I love the 4th one on the top row :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my eyes on that one for a while, and Express always has a good sale going on!
      -E

      Delete
  2. I really like the red suspender dress too! I feel like my style for dresses is fairly classic though. I love vintage inspired, a-line cuts - but with really bright and bold patterns so it's a bit of fun. With regards to cut though, I just feel like I know what looks good on me and I know what's comfy - so that's why I stick to it so much, I guess. I like all of these picks though - you've got me thinking that maybe I should branch out a bit more ;)


    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! I always find myself picking out the same colors and styles, and then when I'm looking at my closet I wonder why everything seems to look the same! :)
      -E

      Delete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top