Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fresh starts of fall

Looking ahead to the most transitional season.


I have always loved fall. I think there are a lot of people out there who claim fall as their favorite season, and it's no wonder why. The air is crisp and cool; the leaves turn beautiful shades of orange and red. One of my favorite quotes about fall is a famous one by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and one I firmly agree with: "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."

Fall is a time of transition: students go back to school, activities that were paused for summer start up again, people are coming home from vacations. It's like someone has hit a collective "reset" button for the world.

The season officially starts next week, but I'm already in the fall mindset. This year is the first fall I am not going back to school, and it's a bittersweet feeling for me. Part of the reason I've always loved this time of year was going back to school — buying school supplies, preparing to see friends I hadn't seen all summer, cheering at football games, even the excitement of starting new classes. They were all things to look forward to as summer drew to a close.

I'm excited for the transition of fall, though. I'm ready for the cool weather, the leaves to change, to pick apples and pumpkins, to watch football games...and to break out all my favorite sweaters! But mostly, I'm excited to see what surprises the new season has in store for me. Each new season tends to usher in an era of change, especially fall, and I can't wait to see what this one brings.

What are you most excited for this fall? Is it a transitional season for you, too? Leave your thoughts below...I'd love to hear! 

P.S. Last year's thoughts on fall, my family pumpkin patch and my 2014 fall wish list

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top