Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Favorite Fall Nail Colors Vol. 1

Rich and neutral hues for fall 2015.

Rich and neutral hues for fall 2015.


Rich and neutral hues for fall 2015.

Rich and neutral hues for fall 2015.



I finally broke out the dark shades for my most recent manicure, so I thought it was time to do a post with my favorite fall nail colors. Plus, now that it's finally September(!), my brain is consumed with all things fall. So, here are the nail polishes I'll be wearing on repeat for the next few months.

OPI Infinite Shine 2 in Get Ryd-of-thym Blues. I have been looking for a navy nail polish for more than a year, and I finally found one. The closest color I had before was a blue that looked basically black, so I'm excited to have a genuine navy polish, as it's one of the most popular fall colors.

OPI in Schnapps Out of It! First of all, how adorable is this name? Oh, to be the person who thinks up the names of nail polish. Anyway, I bought this burnt orange a few years back and I always like to break it out in the fall to celebrate pumpkin season. It also has a slight shimmer to it, so the orange isn't too overwhelming.

New York Color in Lexington Lilac. Even though this one is a lighter hue, its rich tones make it a perfect fall color. Sometimes lighter purples can wash out pale skin, but I think this one looks great on every skin tone — even my pasty hands!

OPI Infinite Shine 2 in Steel Waters Run Deep. A good gray nail polish is almost as hard to find as the elusive perfect pair of jeans. Sometimes they're too light and look like a bad white, others are too dark and make nails look sickly. This one is perfect. I love the neutral nail going into fall this year because I plan on wearing lots of reds and greens and blues!

OPI in Cajun Shrimp. This has to be my favorite nail polish buy in recent memory. I had been wanting a red-orange color for the longest time, and when I finally found this one I threw it in my cart immediately. It's gorgeous on nails, with just the right balance between bright summer tones and rich fall tones. I don't love it quite as much on my toes because it looks a little too orange, but I think it would make a good summer pedicure for next year.

What nail colors are you wearing this fall? 

P.S. Favorite summer, spring and winter nail colors

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top