Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Instagram Roundup No. 7

August Instagrams: Shania Twain kills it onstage in Des Moines

New month, new Instagram roundup! I love doing these roundups because it gives me a chance to look back on the last month and remember everything I've done, like a visual journal. Starting from the top, my sister and I took my mom to see Shania Twain for her birthday, and it was AMAZING. This was definitely my favorite concert of the summer — and possibly ever!

August Instagrams: A friendly donkey at Blank Park Zoo

Adam and I finally made it to Zoo Brew last month (cross that one off the bucket list!) and we had such a fun time. I haven't been to a zoo since I was probably 6, so it was fun to see all the animals and exhibits. This donkey and I became BFFs!

August Instagrams: New business cards

I made new business cards for my blog and am so happy with the way they turned out! Does anyone else get super excited about business cards?

August Instagrams: The Tipsy Traveler specialty Iowa cocktail


One of my favorite parts of August was getting my own cocktail creation published on 5 O'Clock Fashionistas. I loved creating this cocktail, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

August Instagrams: Getting ready for fall weather

Afternoon coffee breaks with the boyfriend are my favorite part of the week — especially when I can talk him into taking a few OOTD photos ;) The weather has been beautiful and cool lately, so I've been putting together more fall-inspired layered looks.

August Instagrams: A tour of Hotel Renovo

Remember my blogger brunch + tour of the new Hotel Renovo a few weekends ago? It was so great to mingle with other Des Moines bloggers, and it reminded me that I need to start going to brunch more often!

August Instagrams: The Iowa State Fair

This year's Iowa State Fair outdid any other one for me. Adam and I saw Andy Grammer and The Fray live, rode the sky glider and the ferris wheel. Then I went back on the last day and had the biggest and best ribs ever. I call that a success.

August Instagrams: Baublebar's fish hook collar

One of my favorite recent outfits was this simple black tunic from Express and this fish hook collar from Baublebar (I can't find either of them online at the time of this post). Every time I wear this necklace I get so many compliments! It's a top five favorite in my closet.

August Instagrams: Bar trivia night

I went with a group of friends to try out trivia night at Ingersoll Tap in Des Moines last week. I'd never done bar trivia before and had no idea what to expect. News flash: it's no joke! My team came in dead last, but we still had a great time!

August Instagrams: The best flannel shirt

My new favorite shirt that I will probably be wearing about every other day from now to Christmas! (P.S. This is my face every time I think about fall being right around the corner!)

August Instagrams: Outfit of the Day with Versona

And finally, one of my recent buys from Versona, the newest store to hit Des Moines. In other fun news: I actually took a part-time job working at Versona — because clearly a full-time job + blogging just didn't consume enough of my time ;) I've only worked a couple shifts so far, but I already love it. I really wanted to break into the world of retail and fashion, and Versona has great products at prices that can't be beat. In short, you can look forward to see many more fun styles from the store and a tour on here soon!

That does it for this roundup. Follow along with all my September fun on Instagram! It's going to be an exciting month :)

P.S. Roundup No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top