Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Bedroom update: a cheery new bed set


When we finished painting my bedroom a few weeks ago, I could not wait to hurry up and find a new bed spread to replace the plain brown one I'd been using. My mom picked it out for the spare room, and I was never a fan. The brown comforter was too big for my full-sized bed, and now it was just too dark for the clean white walls.


My mom and I actually went out the night we put the final coat of paint on the walls to try to find bedding, but there was just nothing I really loved (that was also in my price range). So I was back to the drawing (or should I say Pinterest?) board. I found this one from Nordstrom that I really loved, but I was not all about that price tag.


(I had to stand in my closet to take this photo, and I still couldn't manage to get the whole thing in the frame! Like I said, it's a very small room... But I love the way this light comforter matches the walls and brightens up the room even more.)

Adam and I went to HomeGoods to check out some furniture, and I actually just stumbled upon this set and knew it was the perfect one. I didn't really have any colors in mind, but I loved the yellow and white — and how great are those stripes? It was love at first sight.



The best part? It was only $85 for the six-piece set. I was hoping to keep it under $100 and had started to worry I wouldn't find anything before we found this. I bought some plain white sheets at Target to go with it, and I'm so happy with the final results! The comforter itself is a little fluffier than I usually like, but it's actually been the most comfortable bed set I've ever had.

This month I'm hoping to bring an old dresser from home to paint and start hanging up photos on the walls. It's feeling more and more like my own space, and I absolutely love it! What do you think? Any suggestions for new wall art? I'd love ideas!

Related: the first bedroom project post and painting the town [white]

2 comments :

  1. This is really a beautiful set! I love the creamy yellow colour. I always like doing gallery walls in bedrooms - I tend to frame sentimental pieces like cards, letters, and single pictures. Excited to see more room updates!

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Kathryn! I've never thought of framing cards, but I might just have to try it out now :)
      -E

      Delete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top