Tuesday, December 22, 2015

best holiday movies

10 great (and cheesy) holiday movies to put you in the Christmas spirit


Happy Tuesday! First, let me start by saying sorry for the lack of posts last week. If you saw my Instagram, you might know that I was sick (again) and decided to take the whole week off to get some very necessary R&R. Thank goodness it paid off, because I did not want to be sick for Christmas! Now... back to the fun part.

The holiday season is my absolute favorite time of the year, and one of my favorite traditions is watching some of the cheesiest, most stereotyped Christmas movies ever made. I know — how original, right? ;)

You know the ones: girl bemoans spending the holiday season alone, perfect guy shows up out of nowhere, kisses her under the mistletoe and Santa’s magic ensues; the holidays are romantic and perfect after all!!! When it comes to Christmas movies, the cheesier the better. There are only 3 (!!) days left till Christmas, but there's still time to watch your favorite movies! Which is what I'd love to be doing every single day in December. Basically, if you need me in the next 72 hours, you can find me watching ABC Family and Hallmark. Here are the movies I’m most excited to watch:

Holiday in Handcuffs. A personal favorite and possibly the epitome of Christmas cheesiness.
The Mistle-Tones. A Christmas musical?!?! Obviously, yes please.
The Holiday. In the realm of beautiful yet unrealistic scenarios, this is one of my favorites.
Snowglobe. A whole Christmas town that lives in a snow globe — ‘nuf said.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas. This one is less cheesy and more rite-of-passage, but it’s a classic that should be watched every year. (The Jim Carrey version, not the cartoon)
Holidaze. If it’s got Jennie Garth, it’s got to be good.
Snow Bride. What would Christmas be without a good lie to start a relationship?
A Royal Christmas. Spending the holidays in a castle, because it’s normal.
A Bride for Christmas. Trying to get someone to marry you by Christmas? No problem.
Let It Snow. Really, anything with Candace Cameron Bure is a holiday must.

Side note: Have you seen Bill Murray's Christmas special, A Very Murray Christmas, on Netflix? Adam and I watched it a couple weekends ago and it was... different. But highly enjoyable if you like weird, nonsensical things ;) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top