Wednesday, December 30, 2015

...and a happy New Year!

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious


Happy (almost) New Year! Can you believe 2016 is just two days away?? Where did the year go... 2015 has been a pretty monumental year in my life, with many transitions, new beginnings and endings. My blog hit its first major milestone, one of my outfits was featured on Lauren Conrad's blog (!!) and I finished my first year of full-time employment after college — among many other things, of course. In keeping with tradition, I wanted to share a little review of the last year here on miscelenious, so feel free to join me and keep scrolling!


A look back at 2015 on miscelenious


I repainted my room and gave it a total upgrade. And while it took approximately forever, it's become the perfect combination of homey bedroom and modern office space for me.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

Adam and I found the dessert bar dreams are made of, and several other great local spots.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

I shared my first outfit post in collaboration with Nessi and Co., which was only the beginning of my shared outfits.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

The opportunity came up for me to attend my first blogger conference in Kansas City, called Go Blog Social, where I learned a ton and became inspired to take my blog to the next level.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

I read Yes Please and a bunch of other great books by amazing women, which has inspired me to take charge in my own career and life in general. (#GIRLBOSS for life!)

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

Adam and I got to go to the Wizard World Comic Con in Des Moines (and meet Lou Ferrigno!), as well as our first Hot Air Balloon Festival, which were both experiences we won't soon forget.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

My first blogger collaborations were published in 2015 and featured a signature Iowa cocktail I created myself and a travel guide to Des Moines. (Prepare to see many more collabs on the blog in 2016!)

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

I shared my favorite iPhone apps and a few other posts with blogging tips, something I love researching and learning about myself and enjoy sharing with others.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

I wrote about my thoughts on aging, body image and a few other issues I feel passionately about, hoping to inspire others to maybe think differently about societal views and how we see ourselves.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

My grandma taught me how to make her special apple pie, and it was the most fun I have ever had in a kitchen by far. But I did cook up a few other dishes as well.

A look back at 2015 on miscelenious

And finally, in December I shared some of my favorite things about the holidays, from gift guides to movies to longstanding traditions and more.

I want to say a huge thank you to all of you, because without you guys I wouldn't have a reason to keep posting every day. I love the little community I've created here, and I hope all of you do too. I've got some big plans in store for 2016, so stay tuned! Have a wonderful New Year, everyone :)

See you in 2016!
xo,
E

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top