Wednesday, December 9, 2015

delicious (and easy) holiday cookies

three-ingredient butter cookies for the holidays

Since I was visiting my brothers in Ohio last weekend and seeing the new house they bought for the first time, I decided to do something I rarely ever do and bake some cookies. I know — revolutionary.

I found a recipe for 3-ingredient butter cookies on A Cup of Jo a while back and have been wanting to try them, and since I already had two out of the three ingredients in my kitchen, I decided to give it a shot. The recipe was straightforward and very simple; the only hard part was stirring in the flour using a spatula and my extremely weak arm ;)

I wasn’t sure how I’d like the taste of them since it’s just butter, sugar and flour, but they were rich with just the right amount of sweetness. The only downside? The recipe only made about 20 cookies… So if you’re planning to make these for a holiday party (which I definitely am!), I would recommend doubling or tripling the recipe (they're also bite size). You can have fun adding garnishes for different tastes and looks. I used mint-chocolate chips on my first batch.

Have you made butter cookies before? What are your favorite toppings to garnish them?

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top