Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Instagram Roundup No. 14

Guess wedges to start summer off on the right foot

Welcome back, friends! I'm jumping into April with an Instagram roundup to share some of the great stuff that happened in March. First up: buying the most perfect pair of Guess wedges there ever was! (Insert heart-eye emoji here.) I first stumbled upon these when I was writing this post, and when I found them in-store at DSW, it was love at first sight.

The best nude lipstick sampler

The nude lipstick obsession continues, as I can't seem to stop wearing the neutral makeup look. Keeping my face neutral makes me feel more comfortable wearing bright colors in my wardrobe, instead of gravitating toward my usual black, white and gray palette. My favorites are the Nudestix pencil in Whisper and the Laura Mercier lipstick in Milky Way.

Fall Out Boy and Awolnation hit the stage in Des Moines

Probably the biggest highlight of March was going to see Fall Out Boy and AWOLNATION in concert, because oh my gosh Fall Out Boy is SO GOOD live. I've been listening to this band since I was in middle school, and their music is all great. Seeing them live was even better, and definitely one of my favorite shows.

My favorite Instagrammable moments from March

This was a throwback on (yet another) day when I was missing New York. When I visited back in January, Adam and I only got to see a few places on my list, but luckily one of them was the Museum of Modern Art, which was right down the street from our hotel. We happened to get there just 40 minutes before they were closing early (due to the blizzard), so we had to rush through it. I could have spent days there though, and this piece caught my eye specifically and made me think about how a single piece of art can have so many interpretations.

Cute workout gear to get your butt moving



I've never been much for St. Paddy's Day — yeah, I said it! But I do love me a good workout, so I showed my festive side with this green sports bra ;) I'm loving light weight workouts and Pilates right now, but I'm looking for some new things to mix it up... Any suggestions??

Trying out the 90s trend without spending a dime

You guys know the 90s are making a comeback in a big way right now, and I can't say I'm upset about reliving some of the trends from my childhood. (Except for baggy cargo pants...those can stay in the 90s!) I thought I'd give the choker trend a try by using a pearl collar necklace from Baublebar and wearing it backwards. At first I was just experimenting, but I kind of love it! Add one more thing to my shopping list...

Transitional spring fashion to get you through to summer

These criss-cross slides from Old Navy have been on repeat these first few weeks of spring. They're incredibly comfortable, and they go with everything. Can I get them in every color, please? (See full outfit post here.)

The perfect chambray meets the perfect wedges

Please ignore my dirty mirror (gross) and notice how much more beautiful these shoes look on! Ah, I'm seriously in love. Oh, and if you don't have at least five denim shirts in your closet right now — hurry up and get that butt to a mall, girl!

My favorite Instagrammable moments from March

Funny (but true) story: As we were driving home from church on Easter Sunday, my mom was running through her menu for brunch and I said, "You know what sounds good? Sugar cookies. And chocolate! And frosting." (Yes, I may have a slight sugar problem.) Well, right when we get to my mom's house, my sister brings out two batches of cookies with ALL OF THOSE THINGS. We're not twins, but she sure can read my mind sometimes. Thanks sis! ;)

The perfect water bottle for inspiring your workout

And finally, the most perfect water bottle for me. Workout? Check. Pizza? Check check. Thanks ban.do, for knowing exactly the way to my heart.

That's all for today! Make sure you're following along on Instagram to see all my posts as they happen, and let me know what you think in the comments!

P.S. Catch up on all my other roundups here

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top