Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bedroom update: room tour

Welcome to my once-again revamped room! I've been teasing some of my latest updates on Instagram, so I'm happy to finally give you a peak into the full thing. It's still not finished yet (I know, could this project take any longer?), but I'd say it's about halfway there at this point. I still have to add curtains, wall decor and a couple new nightstands. But other than that, keep reading to see everything I've done since the very beginning of my remodel











You have no idea how excited I was to get some new furniture moved in here! I've been craving the fresh, clean whites and modern silhouettes of these pieces, and I think they really give the room a more cohesive, curated look. If I could change anything about the room itself it would be the carpet and the wood trim, because those don't look great with the white walls and furniture, but hey it's only temporary!

My favorite part about redecorating my bedroom was adding this cube shelf for decorative storage. Since it is a small room, I knew I'd have to find pieces to do double duty, and this one does just that. The blue fabric boxes are perfect for hiding some of my "junk drawer" items, and the rest of the open spaces are great for displaying prettier items. Some of the items I already had in my closet, but I've also been accumulating new decor to add some character to the space. Remember the ampersand sign from this post?

I found this chair (comes in different colors in the stores) at Target and sort of bought it on a whim because I just needed a chair and wasn't looking to spend a lot of money on it, but I actually really love it. I think it looks beautiful in the room and it's surprisingly comfortable.

You might notice I've rearranged the furniture — the bed used to be in front of the window where the desk is — and that made SUCH a difference. Never underestimate the power of a little rearranging! Like I said above, there's still more to be done (and don't even get me started on the rest of the condo...yikes!), but I love everything I've changed so far. The white theme with pops of color is so bright and cheery that I just want to spend all my time in here — and isn't that kind of how a bedroom is supposed to be?

If you have questions about where I got anything in the photos above, let me know! 

P.S. Home decor wish list, the perfect home office and my cheery bed set

2 comments :

  1. I love your lamp. Especially the natural texture of the cork lampshade. And I'm super envious of how clean your desk is. I can never ever keep my desk clean. The room looks great.


    http://www.candidcerebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamp is definitely one of my favorite purchases! They come in other shapes and sizes, but I loved the white stand and the square cork style. And as for the desk...let's just say I had to move a few things around before the pictures. I try to keep a clean desk, but when you're working on it every day, that's pretty difficult to do! Thanks for sharing, Caitti!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top