Wednesday, May 25, 2016

cucumber watermelon spritzer

A refreshing cocktail perfect for summer nights



With warm weather comes patio season, and with patio season comes cocktails. Because, honestly, is there anything better than a summer night spent sipping cocktails whilst a light breeze tosses your hair? (Answer: Nope!)


Ever since I created the Tipsy Traveler cocktail last summer, I've been in the mood to mix up another summer drink. I actually stumbled upon the inspiration for this one while I was buying groceries at Trader Joe's. They were offering samples of a watermelon cucumber cooler, and as soon as I tried it a lightbulb went off in my head.

Watermelon is the quintessential fruit of summer in my mind, and the subtle but complementary flavor of cucumber makes it the perfect combo for the season. I wanted a drink that felt like summer, something tasty and easy enough to throw together at a backyard barbecue. To create a light and refreshing cocktail for the season, I paired the watermelon cucumber juice with a little of my favorite vodka and a dash of Sprite. I'll be coming back to this one in the next few months for sure ;)

A refreshing cocktail perfect for summer nights

A refreshing cocktail perfect for summer nights


Recipe:


2 ounces vodka
5 ounces watermelon cucumber juice
1-2 ounces Sprite
ice cubes
cucumber slice for garnish

What are you drinking this summer? Any new cocktails I need to try? If you try out this recipe, be sure to let me know what you think!


P.S. the Tipsy Traveler, 5 great happy hours in Des Moines and from the office to happy hour

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top