Friday, December 5, 2014

Movie review: 'Horrible Bosses 2'





Okay, so I came pretty late to the Horrible Bosses party...as in just saw it last weekend. I know. I'd been meaning to watch it, but it wasn't very high on my list. But when the sequel came out and Adam was dying to see it, I had a reason to watch it.

We wanted to see a movie last weekend, but Adam decided I couldn't see Horrible Bosses 2 without watching the first one, so we went to see Big Hero 6 instead (side note: such an awesome animated movie; if you haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend it). So I finally watched Horrible Bosses with him and... I loved it. In large part because Charlie Day is my favorite human being right now (currently obsessed with Always Sunny in Philadelphia, in case you didn't know).

After that, I was super-excited to go see the new movie. It got pretty terrible reviews across the board, but honestly, we loved it. We laughed so hard throughout the whole movie! I think it might have helped that I had just seen the first one and it was all so fresh in my mind, whereas going back to the same characters and story after several years can be underwhelming if it's not done well.



But I didn't think it was as bad as critics say at all. The plots are supposed to be ridiculous — that's why it's funny. And everyone who returned to their roles did so flawlessly. The one-liners were heavy and hilarious, the drama was kind of intense at times, and Jennifer Aniston came back sexier and crazier than ever.

If you liked the first movie and you're looking for a good laugh at the expense of some ridiculous characters and plots...you'll probably like Horrible Bosses 2.

Have you seen it yet? Do you plan to?

Related: movies for a rainy day and Gone Girl.

(Photos via The Hollywood Reporter and The Bonus Review)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top