Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gone Girl


Have you seen Gone Girl yet? Or read the book? I read it last spring and was utterly impressed with Gillian Flynn's talents. Typically I don't read thrillers, but Flynn is such an incredible talent; the details and thought put into the storyline is astounding.

Adam and I saw the movie last weekend, and it did not disappoint. I haven't decided which is a more intense feeling: knowing what is coming next or having no idea what to expect. But after having time to think about it, I will say that the book is still better for this story, if only because it would be impossible to make a movie long enough to capture every detail fleshed out in the book.

Adam didn't read the book, but he still enjoyed the movie. He had a bunch of questions at the end regarding some plot holes that might be easily overlooked in the last half. It's been a while since I read it, but overall I think they did a great job with the screenplay.


I won't give any spoilers here (you can read this and this for those!), but I definitely recommend seeing the movie and reading the book. (Although I can't tell you which order would be best; Adam had a different experience because he had no idea what to expect, and that would probably be a great way to watch it.)

Plus, seven books to read for Gone Girl fans and Gillian Flynn's next projects. (I read Dark Places this summer and it was also really good — in a very, very disturbing way. But I'm just not sure I could handle seeing it on the big screen...)

(Image from Movie Pilot and Entertainment Weekly)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top