Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy 2016!

My goals, resolutions and intentions for 2016


Happy 2016, everyone! How was your New Year? Mine was spent dancing with friends and relaxing with Adam and Netflix (two of my favorite things to do :). I'm very excited to get back to blogging in the new year, and the first thing I want to share is my goals, resolutions and intentions for 2016.

Last year I set some lofty goals for myself. I reached a few of them, made progress on others, and let several fall to the wayside (looking at you, canceled gym membership). I think this scenario is common for many people, as the New Year inspires us to set the bar high, and the following months tend to pull that bar just a little bit lower. After looking back at my progress on my 2015 goals, I took all of that into consideration as I wrote my resolutions and intentions for this year. I’m hoping these will be a bit more attainable. (50 books?! What were you thinking, slow reader?!) So, here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish this New Year:

Grow my blog and my following. This blog has been my favorite project and hobby, and while it's already grown so much more than I could have expected in the last year, I still have big dreams for it. I'm very excited for some new ideas in the works — including my brand new newsletter! — and for all the opportunities yet to come this year.

Read 25 books. Like I mentioned above, last year I made the very ambitious goal of reading 50 books, which was a ridiculous goal for me because 1. I tend to give myself very little down time, and 2. I am such a slow reader! Even if I have four hours to just sit and read, I couldn't come close to finishing a book in that time. This year's goal of 25 books is still a challenge, but a much more attainable one.

Find an exercise plan that works for me. Every year I make some sort of "measurable" fitness resolution for myself, like a goal weight or a number of workouts per week. That's never worked for me long-term, so this year I'm striving to simply find a workout plan that works for me. I'm starting to realize more and more that my health is not even close to what it used to be, and that's something I have to change. This is the only body I've got, and I'm going to take care of it.

Be more intentional in my relationships. One thing I have never been very good at is being intentional with my friends and family relationships. I often forget to reach out to people and sometimes even weeks can go by without a conversation between me and my closest friends. That sucks. This year I really want to try to be intentional in all aspects of my life, but especially my relationships. Because what is the point of this life if not to share it with those we care about most?

Cook at home twice a week. This is honestly the resolution I am most nervous about breaking. Anyone who knows me knows I am not much of a cook, and I tend to spend way too much money on eating out. But this one goes along with my fitness plan above, because this is the year I concentrate on getting healthier. 

Do more with less. Sometimes I look around and all I can see is clutter. Of course, most everything in my possession is something I had a reason for buying at the time, but so much of it is needless and just creates excess in my life. I love the idea of minimalism, and I want to re-introduce the concept to my life again. From cleaning out my closet to cleaning out my old photos, I want to live simply and do more with what I have.

What are some of your resolutions for 2016? Do you set goals for yourself each year? If you do, I'd love to know how you keep yourself motivated! 

P.S. Sign up for my new weekly newsletter to get post updates and exclusive content straight to your inbox once a week! The first one comes out next Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top