Friday, January 30, 2015

Wandering the Web: Happy Super Bowl weekend!



Are you watching the Super Bowl this weekend? Wait, let me rephrase: Are you watching a particular team in the Super Bowl or tuning in for commercials and Katy Perry? ;) I'll most likely be doing the latter, since neither of my teams could make it to the game this year. (And yes, I'm counting Adam's team as my "other" team now, because that's what happens when you spend a whole season scheduling your plans around two teams!)

If this week has been as long for you as it has for me, just remember: only one more workday separates us from the weekend! I hope you have a great one, and here are some fun things from the web this week:

1. Serial is looking for ideas for its next season, and although I'm liking the suggestions on Twitter, I'm still sad they won't be continuing with Adnan's case. (Refinery29)

2. Apparently Taylor Swift doesn't want people using her lyrics for anything other than karaoke now. (Vulture)

3. I really want to try making this fun snack for the game this weekend. (Cupcakes and Cashmere)

4. The NFL is teaching moms how to play football. (The New York Times)

5. Adam and I will be playing some of these games for our night in on Valentine's Day. (A Cup of Jo)

6. I'd love to try out these DIY stamped bracelets sometime. The supplies are cheap, and the results are so cool! (A Beautiful Mess)

And in case you need a few more...

Abstract painted macarons look almost too good to eat. Almost ;)

I love the peekaboo lace and leather pants combination of this outfit.

I've been obsessing over this ring for weeks...

Related: Wandering the Web and Celebration Weekend

2 comments :

  1. I'm also kind of bummed that Serial won't be continuing with Adnan's case because I felt like I was left with very little closure after the finale. But then again, I don't think that was ever the intention of the program or anything that the could have realistically promised.

    I'd love to hear more about Adnan's case but I also don't know what else they could cover. I'm so excited for the second season and I'm going to be excited to find out what they focus on. I know it's always hard for a second season to live up to the first one, but they said season 2 is coming out (by the end of 2015) and that means they won't have as much time to research whatever case they pick. It will be interesting to see what effect it has.


    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear so much more, but I'll have to settle for the bits and pieces published about the real-life story as it goes now. I'm excited to see how the next one will be and if it can match the success of the original, because like you said they won't have as much time to research it. But I think Sarah Koenig does a great job, so I'm sure whatever they take on it will be good :) Thanks for sharing!
      -E

      Delete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top