Wednesday, March 9, 2016

lipstick review vol. 4

How I went from 0 to 8 nude lipsticks in just one month


In a nutshell, this has been my experience with nude lipstick: Two months ago I had zero nude lipsticks, and today I have 8 different nude lipsticks.

Yep, you read that right. 0 to 8 in practically no time. I'm obsessed with nude lips, and I wear them 90 percent of the time now. A nude lip is the perfect complement to any outfit, because it allows colors to be the main element of an ensemble and it also allows neutrals to stay neutral while adding an element of sexy. I love wearing my nude lipsticks with a brown and gold smokey eye for maximum effect. The gold and brown eye shadows really draw out the blue in my eyes, and I think the nude lips add an air of maturity and simple elegance.

How I went from 0 to 8 nude lipsticks in just one month



To mix it up, I got this sample pack from Sephora with five different options to try. My favorite, by far, has been the Nudestix pencil in Whisper. It's the perfect skin-toned shade for me, and the pencil feels smooth and lasts reasonably well even through meals. The Nudestix is my top pick and I'd highly recommend trying it if you're looking to try a nude lip for the first time.

My second pick is the Laura Mercier lipstick in Milky Way. It's a little more chocolate-y brown (pun definitely intended), but it looks great on multiple skin tones. I like that it's a bit darker than the other lipsticks I have, and it looks really beautiful with neutrally colored outfits.

The Tart creamy matte lip paint in Namaste is a more pink-ish nude, but the formula is different than any lipstick or gloss I've tried before. It really does feel like a creamy matte lip paint, and it's super weird but really nice at the same time. The color is flattering, but it doesn't do well for all-day wear.

I was disappointed with the NARS Dolce Vita lipstick. The color is almost invisible, and the formula is very balm-like in that it doesn't even last through my morning coffee. I guess it would be a good option for anyone looking to dip their toes in the nude lipstick pond, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it.

And finally is the Marc Jacobs lip liner in Primrose, which has a beautiful peachy, pink color. I haven't worn it yet though because I don't have the right color lipstick/gloss for it, but from what I've sampled it seems like a good one.

Do you wear nude lipsticks or have a favorite? Or if you're looking to try one for the first time, which do you think you'll pick? I'd love to know! 

P.S. lipstick reviews vol. 1, vol. 2 and vol. 3

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top