Wednesday, January 27, 2016

favorite winter nail colors Vol. 2

Glitter, pastels and stylish blacks for winter nails.

Glitter, pastels and stylish blacks for winter nails.

Glitter, pastels and stylish blacks for winter nails.

Glitter, pastels and stylish blacks for winter nails.


Time again to share a roundup of some of my favorite winter nail colors. This year's favorites include lots of glitter, because winter needs a little shine while we wait for the days to get longer, in my opinion. I tried a few new polishes for this group, and some left me much happier than others. Spoiler alert: you do, in fact, get what you pay for.

Essie in "Summit of Style" – You gotta love when your friends and family supply you with all the glitter nail polish for Christmas. You just can't go wrong with a chunky gold glitter to top off your manicures, and this one has great staying power. It acts as a top coat to protect the bottom color, and the glitter spreads out so much better than other glitter polishes I've tried. I feel like Essie has really outdone itself in the glitter department (and if there's such a thing as an actual glitter department, how can I get a job there?)

Deborah Lippmann in "Modern Love" – This Deborah Lippmann set was another gift, and I couldn't be happier with it. Deborah Lippmann is a celebrity manicurist and created her own line of polishes that are absolutely amazing. You can immediately tell these are not your average drugstore nail colors. This blush pink is the perfect cross between a rosey pink and nude, for when you want just the slightest bit of color. 

Deborah Lippmann in "Some Enchanted Evening" – Add this rose-colored glitter on top and you've got yourself a match made in manicure heaven. I'm really not much of a pink person, but I love this duo. It's so fresh for winter, and it'll transition perfectly into spring. They are a little on the pricey side, but oh so worth it. 

Essie in "Ignite the Night" – This one was on my Christmas wish list, and I was so happy to see it in one of my presents! (Thanks mom! ;) It's such a beautiful glitter nail polish, and it's perfect for fun nail art and layering. I wore it over a nude polish for a classy but fun New Year's Eve look and got major compliments. This one will definitely move into my favorites pile!

Maybelline Color Show in "Black Matte" – I've been wanting to try a matte nail polish for a long time, and I was in love with the look of this black matte polish as soon as I put it on. The drying effects were pretty cool too, as it turned from glossy to matte almost immediately after applying. But (and this is a big but) the quality is terrible. I guess that's what I get for paying $2, right? It chipped within a few hours and looked terrible by the next day. I put two coats on and didn't use a top coat, so that might have had an impact on it. Word to the wise: try black matte polish, but make sure you buy a good brand. 

Which colors are your favorites? What are your favorite nail colors to wear in the winter? 

P.S. Favorite Winter Nail Colors Vol. 1, Fall Nail Colors Vol. 1 and Summer Nail Colors Vol. 1

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top