Thursday, January 21, 2016

here's to new adventures

taking adventures in New York City


Tomorrow I'm heading out on my first adventure of 2016, and my feelings are a mixture of excitement, nerves and anticipation. I've wanted to go to New York since I can remember, and for a long time I thought I would move out there after college and start my life in one of the greatest cities in the world.

Flash forward to present day and I honestly can't see myself living in NYC anymore. (Although that might just change after I see it all in person this weekend!) I love Des Moines and the Midwest, and the idea of settling here but traveling everywhere, starting now.

If I'm being completely honest, I'm slightly terrified. I have never flown by myself before, and the last time I was even on a plane was my freshman year of college, which feels like forever ago. But I'm 23 now and I feel like it's time to start doing more things that scare me. (I know that's super cliche, but bear with me — I'm on that "new adventures" kick!)

But for the most part, I am crazy excited to see the city I've been dreaming about my whole life. Adam and I have booked our weekend solid with sight-seeing. A few things on my list: The Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, the 9/11 memorial, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Met. It's supposed to snow up to two feet while I'm there, so hopefully everything looks beautiful and snow-covered. And the forecast is predicting warmer temps than we've had here in Des Moines, so no complaints there!

I won't be posting tomorrow due to my early flight, but I'll be back next week with a recap of my trip! Wish me luck that I don't get lost at any of the airports!

Have you been to New York? What are your recommendations? We want to try them all! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top