Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A trick for removing dark nail polish stains

lemon juice to clean dark stains from fingernails
I recently read about an awesome French trick for cleaning the dark nail polish stains off of your fingernails. All you do is hold your nails in a dish of lemon juice mixed with a bit of water for a few minutes and the stains fade instantly. Cool, right?

I was a little skeptical that it would work, but when I tried it myself after using my darkest polishes several weeks in a row, it really did help! Lemon juice is apparently good for both whitening nails and strengthening them when used in an olive oil mixture.

lemon juice to clean dark stains from fingernails



This is a really helpful tip to learn going into spring because I like to transition from my dark shades to lighter, more pastel hues, and the light colors can a little dirty with dark stains behind them.

Have you ever tried this trick before? What beauty tricks do you swear by? 

P.S. Favorite winter nail colors and how to get wrinkles out in less than 5 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top