Wednesday, July 15, 2015

New Netflix binge



Have you heard of the new(ish) Netflix show Grace and Frankie? I'm assuming a lot of you have because it came out in May, but have you watched it yet? I knew I wanted to see it because I love Jane Fonda (plus it's written by the co-creator of Friends!). I finally watched the pilot episode this week, and it's already got me hooked.

For those who don't know the story, it's about two slightly-older-than-middle-aged women who find out their husbands, who have been business partners for years, are leaving them so they can marry each other. Grace and Frankie have known each other for a long time, but they've never exactly gotten along. Grace (Fonda) is the put-together semi-celebrity who wants everything to be perfect, while Frankie (Lily Tomlin) is a free-spirited woman who's more than a bit eccentric. Of course, though they hate each other, they end up getting high on the beach and sharing their pain together.

All these bombs are dropped in the first episode, and it's a touching look at the emotional shock both women face after they find out their husbands have been seeing each other for 20 years. There were some tear-worthy moments, but it was also very funny. I can't wait to watch the rest of this season to see what else they've got in store.

Have you watched it yet? What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

P.S. How to Get Away with Murder and 10 shows Netflix should add

Photo via Indie Wire

2 comments :

  1. You had me at "written by the co-creator of Friends!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That was the same for me, too!
    -E

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top