Tuesday, July 14, 2015

DIY marble table top


For all you wannabe DIYers out there, this one is for you! This is a project I've been wanting to do for a long time, and I finally got it done last weekend. Adding marble contact paper to an old table is the perfect way to up-cycle an old piece of furniture, and it was so easy — no tools required. I had this wooden fold-up table that belonged to my sister when she was younger. It had marker stains and sticker residue all over the legs and top (you can see what it looked before in this post), so obviously, I had to do something to fix it up.




I put a fresh coat of white paint (left over from my bedroom!) on the legs to brighten them up a bit, and then I bought a roll of marble contact paper to cover the table top. I was nervous to apply it because I'd never used contact paper before, so I searched Pinterest a little bit and found a tutorial for the best way to do it. My table was a bit trickier because it has round corners, but I managed to get them covered fairly well for my first time. There were a few wrinkles on the corners, but the rest was smooth and beautiful, and I love how it turned out. I haven't done a DIY project forever, and it felt so good to be crafty again! Now I've got a list of all the projects I want to do, so watch out, Pinterest ;)

P.S. 6 DIY projects and painting my bedroom white

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top