Tuesday, April 28, 2015

How to wear summer's hottest trend














Forever 21 top (similar) / Express jeans (similar) / wedges (old, similar – also love these) / Smith sunnies / Francesca's clutch / NARS lip pencil in Yu / Baublebar bangle / rhinestone bracelet (similar) / chain link bracelet (similar

Off-shoulder tops are really hot this year, and I'm dying to get my hands on a few. I've always been a fan of this style but it always seemed too "scandalous" when I tried to wear it before. If it's done right, off-shoulder tops/dresses can look fun and flirty without being revealing. I stumbled across this top at the mall one day and I couldn't resist. It's my first jump into this trend, but it certainly won't be the last! I love the boho-peasant-type feel, and I think it's perfect for a casual look with jeans or shorts. Unfortunately I couldn't find the same one online, but Forever 21 has a bunch of other great prints and colors to choose from, and I'm also loving this one from Nordstrom.

If you're nervous about trying out this trend, I recommend starting with something similar to this shirt that still has straps. It doesn't feel quite as open and it's a little more secure than some of the tops that go straight across. That being said, there are so many different off-the-shoulder styles to try so just find one you like and do your thing!

Looking back at these photos makes me even more restless to ditch the crutches and trade my boot for wedges! It's been so long since I've worn anything other than pajamas and sweats! Although I have to say I am enjoying all the extra reading and Pinterest time I've been getting...it feels a little bit like being back in college again ;)

P.S. A lovely spring dress and the perfect striped skirt

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top