Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Striped skirt and smart shopping







Express skirt (cheaper versions here and here) / shirt (old, similar here and here) / Nessi and Co. bracelet / Baublebar button up ring / Forever 21 ear jackets (similar) / heels (old, similar) / MAC lipstick in "pink nouveau"

This striped skirt is one of my new favorites. It's so fun and classic, and it truly goes with everything! I bought it back in February anticipating I'd get a lot of use out of it this summer, and I can't wait to wear it with this top. I actually saw it at Express and thought it looked cute, but the price tag was a bit more than I was willing to pay for it. Then I stopped at Target the same day and found the exact same skirt for $40 less! So you can bet I tore it from the rack and practically ran to the checkout. Unfortunately, I can't find it on Target's website anymore, but I linked up the Express version and a couple similar styles for much cheaper.

I wore this outfit to work one day when the weather was especially summery, and it was perfect office attire. I chose strappy heels to give it a slightly edgier feel than classic black pumps and went for bright accessories to liven it up (because you know I'm a little obsessed with bright colors right now). The other thing I have to mention about this skirt is the shape. The material is really thick, so it holds its round shape pretty much no matter what (you may notice my bum looks especially round in the side views ;). Do you remember in the second Pocahontas movie when she wore that wooden skirt hoop and it flew up every time she sat down? That's how I felt when I sat down, haha! Luckily there were no skirt scandals, so it's safe to wear in public ;)

How's everyone's week going so far? I've got a really busy week ahead at work, so I have a feeling it's going to go by really fast!

P.S. The perfect Easter dress, 11 offbeat dresses and Go Blog Social swag bag

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top