Monday, April 27, 2015

Date Night Des Moines: exploring the city



The weekend before my surgery, I told Adam I wanted to do "lots of walking activities!" since I knew I'd be laid up for a while afterwards. Sadly, the weather was cold, windy and rainy both days. We had plans to explore downtown a little bit, but decided it wasn't worth the drive if we were going to end up hiding out from the rain. So instead we made our first trip to the West Des Moines Public Library (it's been years since I've been to a library outside of studying!), where we found a beautiful pond with walking trails...






So even though it was a chilly 50 degrees and we were both underdressed for it, we stayed out for a while and walked around, taking in all the strange sculptures and beautiful weeping willows (both Adam's and my favorite tree) and the geese swimming/flying around.

Walking has always been one of my favorite activities. Whether it's with a friend, a date, my sister or my dad — it's a nice way to talk without pressure or expectations; it's just relaxing and free. And what's even better is walking somewhere that you're not completely familiar with because you never know what you might discover.

P.S. Mini-golf date night, coffee, books and Lent and Creme Cupcakes

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top