Monday, October 13, 2014

Better responses to "How are you?"


How was your weekend? 

Was "so busy" the first response to pop into your head? I found this on the web the other day and was struck by how accurate it is. Far too often, when I ask people this question their answer is something similar — and I'm often guilty of the same thing. 

That dialogue gets repetitive, and it often leads to a string of negativity when talking about endless to-do lists and hectic schedules. Sure, we all have them, but why not be more creative (and positive)? Even the last one is a better way to describe a long, crazy day.

I'm going to try to start answering this question with anything other than the predictable "so busy." It's an easy way to make a conversation longer and more engaging between both people. 

So. How are you? :)

(Image via Jenn Gietzen)

1 comment :

  1. "So busy" is the Iowa way of saying, "I-am-super-stressed-and-don't-have-any-time-and-don't-even-want-to-take-the-ten-seconds-to-answer-this-question-but-I-can't-tell-you-to-go-away." :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top