Monday, October 6, 2014

Charcuterie for dinner

Last year my mom and sister and I started getting together for simple dinners where we'd have plates of different meats, cheeses, olives, bread and wine. There's no cooking involved, which is my favorite part, and there are some really great places to find delicious locally made bread and cheese in Des Moines. (My favorite was the merlot cheese on the far right.)

I've been craving a girls night like that again lately, so we finally found a date that worked with everyone's schedules and gathered at my sister's new house. We were even joined by one of my best friends, Felicia.

We talked about work, life, dating and TV. Then once the wine really got flowing, we started talking about family and my sister Amber brought out some of her old photo albums. It was so much fun! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. 

They're all still getting used to me taking pictures of them and everything else for the blog, but I don't think they minded too much :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top