Monday, March 9, 2015

Playing it by ear




Let's take a minute to talk about accessories today. When it comes to fashion, my favorite accessories tend to come in phases. Last year it was scarves, in the summer it was rings. Lately I've been really into earrings, and I think it's because there are so many different styles out right now than what I'd seen in previous years. Now there are ear jackets, crawlers and front and back studs. (A new one that I haven't tried yet: suspenders — would you wear them?)




I love mixing in different elements with my accessories, so these earrings have been my go-to for subtle surprises. I typically don't like wearing big or long earrings, instead preferring to match the styles of classic ladies like Audrey Hepburn with small but eye-catching pieces. My favorites have been the pearls and the gold ear jackets, but I try to keep a good rotation between all of them — as you can see from my Instagram diary!


The only downfall to my love for earrings is that I've never really liked wearing my hair up. It's almost always down and curled, which makes it hard to see what's on my ears. I've been practicing a few updo's lately, but it's also harder with my short hair. (Style ideas welcome!) But even if it's just tucking my hair behind my ears, I'll find a way to show off these beauties!



ice fang ear crawlers / silver ear jackets (similar) / gold ear jackets (similar) / pearl and cube studs / pearl front and backs (similar) / freeway ear cuff set

What are you favorite accessories? Do you have an earring obsession like me? Link to your own photos in the comments below, because I'd love to see your favorites too! :)

P.S. Shopping haul, spring-time shopping and weekend shopping round-up

4 comments :

  1. Oooh cool. I don't own any earrings like this. They add an interesting element to studs.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love them, because they're simple but different at the same time :) Thanks for sharing, Carmen!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute earrings!!
    Xx Sylvia


    www.fixintothrill.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

 
Back to Top