Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Liebster Award


Last week I was nominated by the sweet Midwest In Style for the Liebster Award, which is an award given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers. It's a nice way to get to know new blogs and share them with your own readership, while also helping those blogs (and the hard workers behind them) get a little recognition for all they've done. That being said, a huge thank you to Midwest In Style for nominating me, and if you haven't checked out her site go see it now!

In the short time that' I've been blogging, I've found that the community is very supportive and encouraging. No one really treats anyone else like competition because everyone is working so hard to do their own thing. And most bloggers are eager to work with and help others, so it really makes it a great experience for all of us.

Now, the rules of the Liebster Award are like this: You get nominated, you share with your readers who nominated you and answer a serious of questions asked by the blogger before you (or you can throw in some new ones). And then you nominate several other new bloggers for the award and let them know. So here we go!

1. How did you get into blogging?

I had been reading a few blogs for about a year before I decided to start mine. I'm a journalist by day, so I love to write and I wanted a place to share my thoughts on any topics I chose, and a blog was the perfect way to do that. That's also how I chose the name for my blog, because I knew I couldn't restrict myself to just one category or theme. Plus, like I said before, the blogging community is just a really great one, and I wanted to be a part of it.

2. If you could have anyone's closet, whose would you chose?

Celebrity: Emma Stone / Fellow blogger: Caitlin of Southern Curls and Pearls

3. Who's your celebrity crush?

I'd have to say Robert Downey Jr. (Swoon ;)

4. What is your favorite TV show?

I don't watch all that much TV anymore, but I'm currently getting through season 9 of Friends on Netflix. But the one show I do make time to watch in real time is Dancing With the Stars (which started again last night! Did you watch?!)

5. Silver or gold?

This has actually changed several times through the years, but right now I'll say gold for sure!

6. What is your favorite meal?

I really love charcuterie, so a nice tray of different meats, cheeses, olives and bread with a glass of wine is my absolute favorite!

7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

I really want to explore all of Europe, but if I had to narrow it down I'd pick Italy and Greece.

8. What is the one beauty product you can't live without?

My Clarisonic cleansing brush was my savior back in college, and I still use it almost every day. Other than that, I never leave the house without using my eyebrow pencil and mascara.

9. What are your favorite fashion trends right now?

This is a tough one because everyone is starting to transition to spring styles... I loved the oversized sweater look last winter, but now I'm starting to get into bright-colored accessories and patterned dresses.

10. What is your favorite way to relax and unwind?

Between working full-time, blogging and making time for my boyfriend and friends, it seems like there's not a lot of "me time." But when I do get the chance, I like to kick back with some classic rom-coms, a bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine.

11. Where are your favorite places to shop?

Asos and Baublebar have been showing up in my mailbox constantly in the last couple months! But if I'm sticking with a local trip to the mall, you'll probably find me in Express or Forever 21.

And now I'd like to nominate a few other (very talented) bloggers for the Liebster Award!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top