Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lunch in the East Village


Adam and I rarely get the chance to have lunch together during the week since our offices are 20 minutes apart, but last week we were able to make it work one day and he took me to the cutest bakery/sandwich shop called the Scenic Route Bakery.



It had the most delicious paninis and the best chai latte. But my favorite part was how beautiful it was. The floor-to-ceiling windows let in so much natural light (even though it was cloudy the day we went) and it had modern elements mixed with vintage pieces to give it a cozy, eclectic feel. Adam was spot on when he said I would love it. Even the outside looked adorable — I'm especially happy I caught the little kid running down the sidewalk by accident :)

If you're in the Des Moines area, I definitely recommend making a stop here! And if you're from Des Moines, what are your favorite lunch spots? I love trying out new places so I love to hear about all the hidden gems around here!

P.S. Eatery A and RoCA

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top