Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Like a #GIRLBOSS



I know I'm a little late to the party on reading this book — what else is new, right? But I'm finally reading it, and even though I'm not quite halfway through it yet, I have to talk about how amazing it is! Have any of you read it yet?

At just 30 years old, Sophia Amoruso is the founder and CEO of fashion retailer Nasty Gal. She writes about her journey from a job-jumping petty thief to a hard-working, kickass #GIRLBOSS. Her story is so real and relatable, and she offers so much great advice from her experiences. It's really inspiring (not to mention incredibly encouraging) to see how far she's come just in the last 10 years.

Amoruso didn't get to be a CEO by going to college and working her way up the corporate ladder. She recognized her strengths (a great work ethic when she actually cared about what she was doing) and her weaknesses (school), and used them to her advantage to create an empire.

This book has been a great motivator for me so far, especially when I consider my work as a blogger and my goals for my blog. Amoruso talks about all the hard time, the good times and everything in between. So if you're looking for an honest account of what it takes to become extremely successful, you'll find it in #GIRLBOSS. It makes me feel a huge relief to know it doesn't really matter what you start with, so long as you start and keep moving forward.

I know I can't *technically* give this book a rating yet since I haven't finished it, but I don't care and I'm giving it 5 stars. If you haven't read it, stop what you're doing and read it now! And if you have, share your thoughts in the comments below!

P.S. 'Reconstructing Amelia' and 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette'

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top