Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fool-proof baking (aka: no baking required)



The other day I got a craving for some peanut butter no-bake brownies. They used to serve them in our school lunches, and they were sooo good. My grandma always makes chocolate no-bakes (also delicious), but the few times I've attempted them myself they didn't turn out so well. So I found this new recipe for three-ingredient peanut butter no-bake bars. It seemed easy enough that even I couldn't mess it up!



All you need is peanut butter, honey and old-fashioned oats, all of which I usually have in my kitchen. I had just enough honey and peanut butter in the pantry to make it this time, but I did need to buy more oatmeal. I used just half a cup of honey (which was every last drop that we had), but I actually liked how they turned out because they weren't overly sweet. I also only used 2 1/2 cups of oatmeal in mine.





These three-ingredient no-bakes are definitely my kind of baking ;) They're a great sweet treat and packed with protein and fiber, so they're perfect for a mid-morning or post-workout snack.

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 to 1 cup honey
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal

Directions:
Heat the peanut butter and honey together in a sauce pan on low until thoroughly combined in a liquid consistency. Add in oats gradually and stir. Press into 9 x 9 pan (I used 13 x 9). Cover and set overnight. (I threw mine in the fridge for a couple hours to speed up the process.)

Have you made no-bakes before? Do you have any favorite recipes for them? I'd love to hear!

P.S. The best pasta you'll ever make, cosmopolitan cocktails and not-margarita pizza

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Back to Top